CMDB Benchmark Service (Fixed Price Service Package)
Our CMDB Benchmark service has been designed to help you develop a fully functioning CMDB. Our experienced consultants will work with you to establish the business requirements and to benchmark your current position. The aim is to identify key objectives, quick wins and long-term strategies to radically improve the quality of your CMDB Data.
Phase 1 – Data Gathering
Before we can make recommendations, we need to Benchmark your current position.
Our consultants will spend time with your Configuration Management process owners. We will use structured interviews and workshops with your selected representatives to assess your current CMDB and associated processes.
We will assess the following:
- CI’s versus Assets
- CI Types
- CI Attributes
- CI Relationship Types
- Data Sources
- CMDB Toolset
- CMDB Management
Phase 2 – Analysis and Rating
Once our data gathering is complete, we will analyse the information collected and produce a set of ratings against the ISO20000 standard for Benchmarking purposes.
This is vital to gaining an accurate understanding of the effectiveness and maturity of your CMDB and services and will enable us to develop improvement recommendations that suit your business.
Phase 3 – Executive Scorecard and Recommendations Report
This is where you see the results of all that hard work. By aggregating the information and analysis conducted so far, we’re able to produce your executive scorecard, prioritised using a Red/Amber/Green (RAG) system, to quickly highlight areas for improvement. Our consultants then work with your business to develop a list of actions that support your strategic objectives by maximising the effectiveness of your CMDB and associated processes.
- On-site CMDB Consultancy focused on determining the relative strengths and improvement areas for your CMDB.
- Bespoke management report indicating your current RAG ratings against ISO20000 industry standards.
- Recommendations report, detailing how to improve your CMDB and related processes.
- Recommendations plan, addressing quick wins as well as 3-6 month, 6-9 month and 9-12 month actions to achieve all highlighted objectives.
How Long Will It Take?
- Approximately 3-4 days, depending on the size of your organisation and complexity of your CMD
What’s the Cost?
- This is a Fixed Price Service Package at £2,995